Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

To My Nieces on Graduation Day!


Two charming nieces graduate high school today.
They are Miss Daisy Willow and Miss Ariel May

From babies to toddlers I watched them both grow,
From a distance in Texas away from the snow.

I returned home to Canada, still watched as they grew.
Teens lively and lovely, as dawn’s early dew.

This last year on Facebook, they’ve each shared their travels
Photos the world over, excitement unravelled!

And now that they dance from their stint as a teen,
a world full of challenges has only begun to be seen.

I send from afar many hugs and some kisses
To my blossoming, beautiful, lovely young misses!

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.  And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go."
~ Dr. Seuss

No comments: