Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Shifting Work

Work: Well Organized Righteous Knowledge

With little potential for moveable activities...
not a preferred definition, but....
employers lose monopoly on my time as I revolve 
gracefully through work-force door, edging back into my home.
Moving from inside to outside 
only coming home to 
roost for a night
dine at my table
launder my clothes.

I need some redefinition.

Work Redefined

Work: Wonderfully Orchestrated Revolving Knowledge.
Nurturing self care from dawn to dusk
regular parts of my home and work day

I dance my way into and out of hospital routine.
Routines at home
set for myself and
change to fit the rhythm of the day 'prn'.

My spirit is the wind in my soul
steering my earthly self through cloud or sun
whether at home or work. 
I learn to step lightly, 
the wind at my back, 
spirit steadily moves me.

My inner guide directs me 
through changes of shifting work shifts and 
from the outside world to my inside world.

At the bedside,
patient advocacy is a part of me 
no need for license or certification
to be valid or valued by me.

At home I advocate patiently
just as much a part of me
for myself and my family.
Very valid and valued by me.

From hospital bedside to my kitchen table
the joy of work redefined
has shifted in place only.

“By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly,
building your life; you are carving your destiny.”
~ Ruth Barrick Golden

No comments: