Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Small Circles

Any day adrift needs to be lived in small circles.
My fingertips and toes trace the circles that are safe,
small steps in direction merely
forward and back ~
laundry, tidying,
meals that comfort, 
errands doable with little energy,

At days end,
despite such a valley day,
accomplishments and errands ticked off my list ~ 
previously lain fallow for many a day.

The ‘why’ of a low energy day?
A single cause would be lovely, but
life is full of variables throughout a day.

And so I return,
to small circles of time and space.
What can I see, touch and feel?
How do I want my life in this moment to be experienced?
What can be part of today’s small circle of self care?
Soft fluffy towels that dry my face,
cotton slippers warm from the dryer on cold feet,
crisp warmth of fresh ironed clothes.

Outside in the rain for an errand or two
my car and umbrella keeps me dry
until coffee and bagels at a coffee shop......

Seeking comfort in small circles of self care.

“Nothing is so bitter that a calm mind cannot find comfort in it.”
~ Seneca

No comments: