Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

How Do We Know?


The cheque was “too much” I was told. The work that they did I could have done myself ~
just not in a timely manner.

Money as payment for services rendered, when accompanied by gratitude, is payment for size of the job and for the way in which the job is done.

The size of this particular job?
Grass waist high in some places, 
only knee high in others ~
The cheque was not ‘too much’.

Neighbour’s opinions on the worth of the job could have
many different answers.
I didn’t take the time to canvas the neighbourhood, but tentatively relied on my own judgment.
Getting the job done, and done willingly, was more important than taking up time for learning other's opinions.

How do we know how much is ‘enough’ without 
a pay grid
a salary cap
seniority benefits
years of experience

p.s. My ‘meadow’ has, very gratefully, been tamed, thank you to neighbours Alex and his dad.

"Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings,
turn routine jobs into joy,and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
~ William Arthur Ward

No comments: