Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Parking Violation


Violation - what a harsh word!
Too harsh for a silly parking fine.

Standing at the top of the stairs, I looked out over the full parking lot,
hot spring afternoon, sun brilliant and glinting off of car roofs.
It had been a really good day at work ~ busy ~ but well ordered.
I looked forward to being able to enjoy the sun, cup of coffee in hand and a lovely long evening.

Spotting my bright blue car, tucked carefully back into an allotted staff parking spot, my shoulders sagged - ‘I know I put the orange parking tag on my rear view mirror. Oh, darn - I forgot to make my parking tag visible after putting up my windshield protectors. There goes some more money!’

My annoyance dissolved with a bit of annoyed hesitation ~ 
(‘Don’t they recognize my car yet!!!')

Question ~  Who was really violated the worst?
And yet ~ if that was the worst ‘violation’ of the day, I think I'll just enjoy the sun and warm spring evening.  I'll pay the fine tomorrow.

“You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving to-day. 
They left a little note on the windscreen. It said ‘Parking Fine.’”
~ Tommy Cooper

No comments: