Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Touch of Summer Sun

This morning, as in every other summer morning, I took my writing and reading outside to my patio. Today was a bit different as clouds hovered and dripped rain. Pulling my table back to the wall and as far under the eaves as possible, snuggled warmly in a sweater and with the outside heater/firebox on, I scribbled away for an hour. No ‘early morning theme’ flowed through my pen for tonight’s blog. Throughout the day, I wrote in small pieces about other things, however tonight seems like most of today. Quiet and still. A walk into the Garry Oak Meadow of Beacon Hill Park was to have inspired some bit of wit or wisdom. However, the cool damp seems to have emptied the streets of summer sun, joggers and inspiration....although the children playing in the park seem not to have noticed.

“The world is quiet here.”
~ Lemony Snicket

No comments: