Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Different Kind of Busyness

It was a different kind of busyness today,
the connections were not the face to face kind of Detox,
and not only the voices of men or women with active addiction or alcoholism.
Assertive voices stepping through the wires, 
referrals through electronic magic of computers and fax machines,
but the desperate requests for care and hands reaching for help had another difference ~ 
Some of voices at the other end of wires carrying tired tones and polite words were a sibling, aunt or uncle, counselors and caseworkers ~ 
all accepting and advocating for an individual 
seeking for respite and freedom from active addiction.

“Accept me for my strength. Love me for my weakness.
Be there for the good and the bad. Remember, I will 
never be who you want me to become - I am who I am.
~ Nishan Panwar

No comments: