Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Muse about Belief

From Feb. 14, 2007
A 10 min free write

I believe. I’m not sure the form of my belief. But I do know I believe. I believe in sunshine and blue sky, birds on the wing or perched on high on a branch. I believe that there is a connection between all things on this great Earth and throughout the Universe. And when I am in such awe of everything around me I feel very humble knowing that I am a part of it all.

I believe in mankind’s innate ability to heal himself. I believe in womankind’s innate ability to heal herself. There is no greater power than to heal because you are working with the connections with each other and the Universe.

All of that being said, I also believe that in our constant seeking for new toys and technology we bypass the inner joy that is the healing. And so we race the race and dance the dances of what others have told us is truly needed.  

I believe that all will be as if none of us, despite our existence, ever was. And so, in this world, in this day and time, I believe that we must dance our own dance and race our own race making sure to have balloons brightly coloured in hand. Our dance is our own to choreograph be it a slow and graceful waltz or a jumping jitterbug. Bring your own music and dance your own dance.

“Dance is the hidden language of the soul.”
~ Martha Graham

No comments: