Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Life Force ~ #2

I don’t really use the word ‘vitality’ a lot, so I’ve contacted Professor Google again to see what I could find. My question was - is there a difference between energy and vitality?  It seemed a simple enough question and one that I could probably answer myself. Posing the question, I recognized a slight difference between the two words. A difference that is like holding an object up to the light and turning it just a tiny degree so it shows a different facet of the same object.

Many times I have had the energy and even the stamina to complete a task or group of tasks because of some form of commitment, whether to myself or to someone else. If the job involves something that does not really interest me, the time seems to pass so very slowly; however if the interest is closely aligned with my own there is a difference to that energy. Much like the difference of holding an object up to a light and turning it just a tiny degree to find that what is beneath the slowly draining energy and waning stamina that still glows with its own energy.

What is vitality? Where does it come from? The reading I have done so far speaks of spirit and inner fire. When my soul is dampened by my own negative self talk, or the negative ‘vibes’ of others, my vitality is weakened. I am pleased to say that today, I feel vital and alive, willing to step forward into my life.

“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, 
that is translated through you into action, because there is 
only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.”
~ Martha Graham

No comments: