Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Walking for Inspiration

I went outside for a walk today to find some inspiration.
Words jumbled and jostled around in my head without participation.

Not being inspired, I surely felt like a lump.
Motivation was begging for a pump.

Who and when, what and why ~ the wording would not come.
So out to the street to visit with neighbours instead of sitting home.

It’s a futile task to stare at the page without a magic wand.
My wander outdoors was a coffee break, my book and journal in hand.

Reading and watching passersby, a frame penned for unruly thoughts,
then to the store, tossed a busker a coin, and a litre of cream I bought.

Home again, the page still blank, I’ve yet to copy my words.
Done this evening for sure, so tonight my rest is assured.

“Writing is a struggle against silence.”
~ Carlos Fuentes


No comments: