Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Flying High ~ 2

High in the air
Thousands of miles above terra firma where I trust my feet to know place, pace and timing

Strapped into a narrow seat
beside a tiny window
only the clouds below but above rippling changing land
escaping my vision through wisps of grey-white.

Flight attendants and pilots
walk and talk us through steps for safety and calm
cheerfully bringing beverage and snacks
ensuring that we have a pleasant flight.

In the back of my mind a voice whispers
Is the gas tank full?
Are all the bolts tightened properly?
Has the engine had a maintenance recently?

The whispers deflected in the pages of good books
losing any worries in the story ~ or a nap…….
I’ve flown many times to many ~ well a few ~ places.
All have been pleasant flights.

“Do not anticipate trouble, or worry aout what may never happen.”
~ Benjamin Franklin

No comments: