Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fulfilled

There is living 
on the fringe

then 

there is feeling 
like a minuscule part of the fringe 

realizing one’s mortality holds a microscope 

to the troublesome emotions that bubble up and burble up

I could ignore those feelings, 
keeping pumping myself up 

so I don’t feel invisible, 
lost in the sea of humanity 

that swirls around me in 
the grocery store, at the mall, 

on these pretty days 
when the park is filled 

with dogs and families and younger thans, 
the walkers and the joggers and the frisbee throwers

but the fringe is lost when I come home,
home to the world I've created for myself, 

for my family, for my friends
living on the fringe can be really scary 

or

living on the fringe is a real challenge, 
a definite joy, and full of abundance.

“I woke up and realized life is great and 
people are awesome and life is worth living.”
~ Hulk Hogan

No comments: