Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Where There is Abundance

I didn’t want to wear black today on this day of celebration. My tunic did have red flowers on it though. Oh, and I had red earrings. So black jeans and my tunic it was - with the red earrings. 

On the streets all day were people celebrating Canada Day, many wearing red t-shirts bearing a white maple leaf. After work, a friend and I sat on the porch of a busy local coffee house. Families with children and dogs. Cars and motorcycles filled the street. Some of the cars were classic cars all repaired, shiny and polished. The sun shone, the breeze stilled and summer had brought it’s abundance to the Cook Street Village.

Abundance. When my friend and I were visiting, we talked about the abundance of the country and time that we live and work in. We do not have to experience war and it’s effects. Most of us do not have to experience hard poverty. I have recently chosen to rely on my two feet and the transit system. Many only have their feet.

I didn’t want to wear black today but I did choose between the several pair of jeans that hung in my closet and the tops that were folded neatly in my dresser. 

“In the modern world we are surrounded by 
so much abundance that we cannot see it.”
Chris Matakas, The Tao of Jiu Jitsu

No comments: