Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Day After

Such a lovely day. Cooler here in Victoria today, but clear and sunny. It is so often the case that after more than just a weekend away, I feel like I am in the middle. Like I am going backwards into my life. Instead of packing, I am unpacking. Instead of pulling things out of cupboards and closets, I am restoring order. Doing a couple of full loads of laundry when no one has been home. Instead of getting a few dollars to spend, I sort the many receipts from my wallet. 

When I feel grounded again, I gently water plants that are just beginning to wilt forward. As each bit of order is restored, I slow down in my mind until I am standing still. Standing still slowly I edge forward…. forward to the coffee shop with a long time friend. A stroll to an outdoor market for a few fresh vegetables. Home to my kitchen to make rice pudding and make my lunches for work over the next few days. 

I needed a good dose of kindness from myself to get this life back on track and retrieve my energy while taking it all one step at a time.

“Walk gently and be brave.”
~ Eleanor Brownn, writer

No comments: