Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Water Fall



Steady beat of water 
tipping from above 
parting my greying hair
rivulets tracing their way 
down my slender neck to wash over the fragile cliffs of my shoulders, sliding down the strength of my arms 
dripping from worn fingertips 
sheeting down my back 
between a small boney outcropping of my winged shoulder girdle 
like a lost river finding it’s way 
through moistening bumpy plain
my curving spine lending focus to the water fall
bouncing from arcs of solid hip bones
gently surfacing over soft fleshy mounds 
water warmed sliding down resting thighs, 
tapping gently behind soft waking knees 
leaving spray drops rising up in the mist of water falling 
soft gurgles curl down the drain 
carrying day-night debris of matter and energy 
to sluice away into nothingness.

“There is deep wisdom within our very flesh, 
if we can only come to our senses and feel it.”
~
Elizabeth A. Behnke

No comments: