Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Day Two: The Five Days of Personal Archaeology

The first things I unearthed in the Archaeological Dig for the documents required by our government were jeans. I had pulled out a couple of boxes from the bottom of my closet and found a large blue plastic tub. With several pieces of clothing in it. What?! What are these doing in here? An awesome surprise! If I  give any items away, I put them in a bag that ultimately gets taken to a drop box for clothing. The treasures? A white pair of jeans, a purple pair of jeans, a black pair of walking shorts (really good ones), a shirt and an old sweater. So, the jeans were immediately tried on and they fit! Guess they had gotten bigger since last I saw them - or could I have gotten smaller? They all went in the laundry or in my sewing basket for re-design (meaning shorten the sleeves). 

As far as documents go, I’ve only opened the boxes I carted into the living room. There are a couple of binders in there that look hopeful, but who knows? And will I get them all organized when this whole project is complete? Hmmm……Just remembered, I have more files in a secondary filing cabinet where some of my art supplies are housed. I think there is a file in there I tucked away in my de-cluttering fray. If I recall, I think it had some immigration papers in it - something legal. Well, I guess that will have to wait for tomorrow’s episode.

Gratitude? For some newish comfy and lovely jeans and a bit of memory that just may provide some needed information.

“I’m an adventurer looking for treasure.”
~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

No comments: