Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

A Cat Tale - A Furry Change of Pace

In my wanders through papers and photos I discovered these two pictures. Phoebe was the last kitty I’ve had in a very long line of kitties. She was quite precious and came from an SPCA. My other discovery, a week after I had her with me, was that she was pregnant. Although the SPCA would have taken her back, I was quite enamoured with her and took her home with me. Two lovely kittens were born. One, a big fellow and the other, a bit smaller. It was four o’clock in the morning, in about 2002. I was sleeping peacefully when Miss Phoebe came up on my bed in great distress. The birthing was there and then. Phoebe had two little ones, later named Howe and Marvin. (Phoebe’s looking quite offended with the flash disturbing her.) Marvin, from the day he was born, was hungry, hungry pushing his way in to nurse. Howe, with his big eyes and large Tabby ears, was always just a lovely kitty.

A kitten is the delight of a household. All day long 
a comedy is played out by an incomparable actor.”
~ Champfleury, The Cat Past and Present

No comments: