Pages

Friday, April 16, 2021

A Cat Tale - A Cat's Story

It’s really not much of a story. More like a concern. Now, I’m a patient cat - most of the time. But she knows what time to feed me. I don’t know numbers or clocks, but I know my stomach. How do I get her off of this thing that she taps away on. Every night this happens. I yowl and pace and walk up and down beside her, rub against her neck. She just ignores me - until she’s ready. She is quite a delightful companion - but to go through this every night?! And then in the morning too!


That’s quite another story. I don’t know which is more difficult - morning when I have to wake her up or night time when she acts like I’m not even here. If anyone has any suggestions, she will at least pass them on to me. Not that it will do any good.


So here I am stretched out and staring at her - not that my stare will do any good either.


“As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows 

cats have enormous patience with the limitation of the humankind.”

~ Cleveland Amory




 

No comments: