Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2022

The Stairs


My dreams and ideas

Fall

Down the stairs

Slip down the walls

Tip out of my mind

Like tea spilling from my cup

Soaking into the carpet

And when my feet land

on the solid downstairs

I wash the teacup and put it away.

Possibilities hang in the air.



“you can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.”

~ Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft


Authors note: This poem was inspired by a question I’ve entertained for many years. Why do wonderful, exciting ideas and dreams slip so easily away from me? When ordinary life must be attended to, the energy behind the dreams vanishes. Dreams, ideas to realityThe bravery is in believing in possibility and acting on one tiny plan at a time. Even for the tiniest or grandest goal.



No comments: