Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Counting, Bubbles and Lessons


 While new baby sister slept there were lessons big sister had to teach great-grandma about fun:
  1. If you throw cards ‘up to the sky’ - it’s fun to watch them fly all around even if you’re in the house.
  2. If your hands get dirty outside - use the bubble water to wash your hands ~ and the slide.
  3. Always pop the bubbles even if they are on great grandma’s hair.
  4. Always be scared of earthworms - they might be snails.
  5. When counting sidewalk stones, make sure great-grandma follows you and counts too.
  6. When you get tired of counting the sidewalk stones - ‘let’s count the grass’ in really big steps.
  7. Always smell the bubble water - it’s yukky - but maybe it tastes better. (It was yukky too and great grandma told me NO!)


I’m pretty sure I missed something, but I had to go home. I really needed a break!


“Childhood’s work is learning, and it is 

in his play…that the child works at his job.”

~ Caroline Pratt, I Learn from Children


No comments: