Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2022

The World of Why

I would love to go back in time. Jump over all the scheduled adult years, leap over the tumultuous adolescent years to the rich soil of new life. Why? Just so I could feel that world of constant curiosity. Just so I could recall learning about the world around me. Just so I could hear myself ask why the moon is round on some nights and why it changes its shape? Why the grass is green and the daytime sky is blue? Why I cry when I’m sad and when I’m hurt? Why I laugh when I'm happy and when I get tickled? It wouldn’t be long before I’d be ready to leap forward in time to today, bringing with me the wonder and happy of new life.


“A child can teach an adult three things: 

to be happy for no reason, 

to always be curious, 

to fight tirelessly for something.”

~ Paulo Coelho, novelist


 

No comments: