Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

By the Fireplace ~ A Cat’s Tale

As you can see, I’m quite comfortable. And it’s about time. The windows haven’t been opened for a very long time. When she opens the door to the outside, I just shake my paws and turn away. Fire has always frightened me ~ and yes I do know what fire is. It’s to be avoided at all costs. I don’t have the most handsome tail in the world, but I do not want it burned off. So I watched what flickered like fire and was awfully warm. But it never went anywhere so I watched it carefully for long time. For a while I would just sit and watch it to be certain. Now, I just lay down and doze. When I get too hot, there are all manner of comfortable places for me. I’m certain they are all for me, even though she thinks she should sit in one of my places.


By the way, do you think my human speak is improving? Please don’t tell her if it is. She thinks I don’t know what she’s talking about. And don’t tell her that she makes absolutely no sense when she’s trying to mimic me. 


I'm off now ~ getting too warm here by the fireplace so I’m going to find one of my other beds.


A cat improves a garden wall in sunshine, and the hearth in foul weather.”

~ Judith Merkle Riley (1942 - 2010)


 

No comments: