Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Have a Good Day!!

I have depended on Transit Systems, in Victoria and now in Regina since 2017 and have appreciated all the men and women behind the wheel. Not everyone is cheerful and welcoming, but I don’t think that’s part of their job description. There are the singers, the radio listeners, the stoic quiet ones, and the cheerful ones. I don’t always know who will be behind the wheel on any given day. But I do have a favourite driver on the route I use the most often.


On my way to my appointment today, the bus was 15 minutes late. There’s lots of reasons for buses to be late, but I still get quietly annoyed. On my way home three hours later, I sat at the bus stop, hoping that the bus would be on time. I was tired with a load of groceries. I kept checking my phone for the time and the road for my bus, certain it would be late. 


My phone said I still had four minutes to wait. I looked up and there, in the distance, making the turn onto Albert street was…..you guessed it……..my bus! Early! My tiredness vanished. It had to be my favourite driver and it was. Always a big smile and a welcome. To everyone that comes on the bus....everyone. And that’s not all. Everyone that exits the bus hears her call out: Have a Good Day!!!


“Everyday make it a point to be the reason for someone’s smile.”

~ Trishna Damodar, author


No comments: