Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Do you know what I missed today?

But first a disclaimer.
I am prairie born and bred

I do not understand 
winter without dry snow 
winter without sunshine
I do not understand
cold when it's wet cold - 
and not even cold! 

It's completely confusing:
Rain in winter time without thunder,
winter without snow.
I know.  I know.
All you folks trapped by snow,
inundated by snow,
wishing it would be warmer - and I don't blame you.  -40's cold!  Heck! -20's cold!
The only flowers besides the ones in the house ~
ice-flowers on window panes.

But what did I miss?
Thunder.
And if it's going to rain
Rain...and then stop
Rain for an hour - maybe two
And then stop
Oh, and did I complain about the wind when it's raining?
Wet wind is actually kind of scary.
Snow filled wind - well it's scary too - but that's different.

Does it sound like I'm whining?
Yup.  Definitely does.

(Can you hear the thunder?)

"I think there's a poet who wrote once 'a tragedy by Shakespeare, 
a symphony by Beethoven and a thunderstorm are based on the same elements.' 
I think that's a beautiful line."
~ Maximillian Schell

No comments: