Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A new day dawns..

..as I bend over my
journal to write,
ideas, plans, 

excitements, worries, 
swirl together and 
flow from my pen
disjointed sentences 
sprawl on the page
(penmanship - not so good)

Topics dear to my heart 
I wish to write about are
family - the 'ties that bind',
writing - my developing career,
addictions nursing - my present career,
my travels - yay! soon to come!,
gardening - treasures hidden in the soil,
books and the marvels they hold,
housework (surprised?)

All things full of opinions and ideas 
(actually I have opinions about everything -
some just more than others.)

In the early morning fog dark shapes suggest
what the landscape might hold in the brightening day.
Clarity and vision only comes with 
gentle passage of time
awareness of the moment.

Each day comes bearing it's gifts. Untie the ribbons.”
~ Ann Ruth Schabacker

No comments: