Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

In Appreciation.....

A correction:
December 28, 2011 was the first day of my blog
(my first 'In Appreciation' post stated December 31, 2011)

December 28, 2011 - the first day of my blog. 
Today, six months later, is an anniversary of 
beginnings, middles and ends:  
a commitment that I made 
to myself
for myself.  
It has blossomed in so many ways 
and for that I have many to thank. 
My sister Kate continues to inspire me to keep moving forward and find the joy in my own creative endeavors, whatever they may be. 
Her blog site is <movingforwardlookingforthejoy.blogspot.com>
Many of my other family members, past and present, have shown me a myriad of ways to express creativity, and so have taught me how to be practical and creative.

My next thanks is to you, my readers:
my family ~ so disparate geographically that we have few opportunities to know each other
my friends ~ childhood friends, colleagues, friends from places I have lived ~ new and old friends, as well as people that I have not, nor probably will ever meet.
You have each suggested to me, by comments and by accessing my blog, that what I write is heard and appreciated.
Personal confidence has built each day as I take your words into my heart, each day speaking my own authentic truth.

Thank you to my writing group ~ Writer’s Ink.  You have been so patient with me for many years, listening to the next project that began, and then....fell by the wayside.  And in this last six months listening to my blogging adventure.  Many of you follow my blog and for that I am truly grateful.

A huge thank you goes out to my creativity coach, Connie Frey (www.creativitycoaching.ca).
You and I began this journey very serendipitously, and over many weeks, months and years you have patiently coached me in the art of seeing, knowing and developing my own muse. Coming from a focussed and narrow career in hospital and health care, this has been quite a challenge.

Thank you to Carolyn Bateman at (www.carolynbateman.blogspot.ca).  Your editorial wisdom has made me think more analytically about words, their placement and their power to rework, reframe and revise.

Thank you to Dorothy Appleton, a good friend, for the painting of me on this blog site page.  You captured my writer persona in a way that I have been unable to see.  I so enjoy being able to share this portrait with others.

Thank you to Blogspot for providing this venue that allows me to speak what is in my heart 
unravel feeling and emotions 
share activities
journey back, and forward, through my nursing career
discuss my relationship with the disease of epilepsy
all the while sharing my Daily Muse with the world.
Thank you to Facebook for providing a such a wonderful vehicle.

I still have so much to learn about the writing life and it is such an honour to be able to share a part of this life with all of you.  For those of you that I may have missed, I do apologize.  For your contribution to my growth, I thank you.
“I can no other answer make, 
but thanks, and thanks.”
~ William Shakespeare

4 comments:

Kate Hersberger Moving forward Looking for the Joy! said...

Beautiful. Thank you Sue. You are an inspiration. Your path can be challenging, but you shine.

Janet said...

Sue, you have grown so much as a writer, a photographer, a nurse, and a friend to many. Your ability to keep steady in the face of all odds, has always been remarkable; it is wonderful to see this blog for all it shows of your spirit and you. You know that I am especially delighted with the month you devoted to epilepsy, that was an amazing accomplishment, and an education for others. Keep well and thriving.

Susan Ward said...

Thank you for this Kate. I tried to reply on the blog site the other day but I was unable to.

Susan Ward said...

Thank you Janet. As I said to Kate, I tried to reply on the blog site the other day, but I was unable to. For some unknown to me reason, today is ok.