Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Inspiration


Inspire yourself - what a task!
That means I need to
look in the mirror
literally and figuratively.

Then look around me to see
personal touches 
in my home
in my workplace 
that speak of my preferences.
The little pieces of inspiration that dart from my consciousness 
without being forced by someone else ~
Colour
Texture
Light and
Sound

Inspiration - 
Definitions range from 
the physical to the spiritual
but the one that makes the most sense to me is
the drawing in of breath.

Inspiration is not an act of aloneness
but an act of drawing in of the
world and all it holds for us.
All colours and shades of
beauty
ugliness
sadness
joy

Taking that inspired ‘breath’ of spirit
shades and colours each action
that becomes our work of life.

So back to the beginning - 
Inspire yourself - not really a task at all
but merely the breathe of life.
The task is in 
sorting through the dark from the light
setting it down with 
pen and paper, 
paint and canvas
and feeling joy in the task of creativity.

“It’s not the load that breaks you down,
it’s the way you carry it.”
~ Lou Holtz

No comments: