Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Only the Gingerbread House was Standing


Boxing Day ~ the day after Christmas
An uncertain and mixed history ~
boxes for collecting alms
boxes for giving to those less fortunate
The Feast of Saint Stephens
Bank Holidays in some countries
Statutory holidays in others
Shopping day for many

But for myself, my sons and my grand-dogs.......
Another gray and cold day in Vancouver,
riding the Sky Train 
an unsuccessful attempt at movie going 
a venture outside into teeming Boxing Day 
shopping crowds
movie goers.
Grand-dogs treated to a strenuous outing 
at the park after we returned home
while I napped after a lovely day.
Later watched movies in the living room with my sons
with my newest grandpup sleeping on my lap.

All the while a little light grazing 
on leftovers from yesterday’s feast
rounded out a very peaceful day.

“Be pleasant until ten o’clock in the morning 
and the rest of the day will take care of itself.”
~ Elbert Hubbard

No comments: