Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Running on Faith


Keeping the future straight 
may require a crystal ball. 
One with fully charged batteries,
shows a clear sky and open roads.  
Would that be too much to ask? 

The future can really only be plotted on calendar grids with timelines and speculation.
What comes to us sideways, out of the blue, 
may or may not fit in the plan.  

So I just try to keep my calendar updated.
That task can only be done in the present moment 
with any information immediately on hand.
As each moment passes, different information that filters in may or may not change any plotted course on the calendar grid.

So.... I could find a crystal ball, or something that looks like one.
One that reflects a blue sky and maybe the road ahead.
But darn ~ the batteries have been dead for so very long 
that I have learned to run on faith.  

Faith in myself and those around me ~ 
family, friends, colleagues and sometimes even strangers ~
allowing me to pass through each moment successfully 
into the next ‘now’ moment.


“Choose your friends with caution; plan your future
with purpose, and frame your life with faith.”
~ Thomas S. Monson

No comments: