Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

An Open Letter from Your Skin




It’s all about me ~ your Skin ~ and how I feel.
I am your Skin, you know, and you take me for granted every day.
Sometimes - many times - you even complain about me.

Wrinkles that crease and line
Baggy eyes that droop
Wing flaps with no purpose
Cellulite like pitted orange peel
Rolls of extra skin once taut and firm
Those are only a few unkind comments I hear.

But I wrap myself around your core anyway
Stretch and drape over your bones and joints
Hold your insides from falling outside
Keep germs and other nasties outside so they don’t go inside.
Grow hard and calloused on the bottom of your feet, supporting you where ever you go.
The colours of the rainbow are no match for the many shades and hues of skin tones available to my Cousins

So how about a little lotion to keep me from cracking up
Bubbles for a good soak in a hot bath
A drink of water more often than not - or even juice!
Warm socks to tuck my toes in
Soft cozy fleece to keep out the cold.
Satin sheets, smooth and kind, as I age.
The wind in my face with just a touch of sun to make me glad
A snow flake on my nose
Misty rain to touch me softly

It is all about me after all.
I’m your Skin.

“What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize
the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin
more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?”
~ Michelangelo

No comments: