Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Shifting Plans


Morning at home started as usual with poetry and news
No rain, wind or frost to slow my drive to work
Joggers in the early dark, head lights bobbing, a mere distraction.

Eight hours at Detox went well, a couple of errands on my way home ~ mail a letter, find a recommended novel for book club.
That last looping search for a book led me to this grand scene

I was on my way home from an expedition through 
one library, and three book stores.
Now I would be later getting home than I wanted.
Coming down Quadra St. towards the water
masses of clouds over snow covered mountains
called out to me through the barren trees tops of Beacon Hill Park.
Dark branches like gnarled, laced fingers prevented me from clearly seeing the snow capped mountains rising through low lying shredded rolls and strips of cloud in the early evening pink-gray sky.

I’ll admit, it was a struggle to shift gears ~
answer the call of the clouds
move out of my work mode
change my planned days end.

My only disappointment?
I wasn’t fast enough to snap photos of the two or three gulls that rode the wind.

“Our thoughts create our reality ~ where we
put our focus is the direction we tend to go.”
~ Peter McWilliams

No comments: