Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Keyboard Kops


Keyboard Kops or more commonly known as
the I.T. guys
or computer geeks
are always invisible over the phone
merely disembodied voices
telling us that fixing our computer problems are
easy
no problem
just find the icon
use certain keys
when suddenly the screen changes from where ever they are!
Taking my electronic stuff into a repair shop
these computer geeks look like ordinary folk but
they talk some other language
with familiar words that mean something else
rem and dos, 
rebooting and shut down
gigabytes and memory
looking at me as though I will understand....
Right now I only speak plain English and
my own memory cannot be expanded - it just is what it is!

“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.”
~ R.S.Eliot, Four Quartets

No comments: