Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Re-posting - The Value of Preparation

Preparation for anything is valuable.
Why?  
To be ready to act on a decision
To avoid (minimize?) drama and second guessing
To recognize what is absolutely needed

Now the way everyone prepares is quite different.
I like to think I’m organized as in schedules, boxes and timelines
And I suppose I am - when I’m at work
Where the schedule for the day is always....well.....prepared.

At home, I drift ....... so I write myself a list....sometimes
I’ve travelled enough I know 
what I need to take
what I want to take
and what I’m able to carry.

But the steps are the same
Gather what is needed
Arrange it so it’s readily available
Clean up when you’re done....
so the path may be a bit kinder.

So when I prepare, I relax and just drift 
from one thing to the next 
gathering, arranging, and cleaning up
until I am ready to go.
There are always things that I want to have done
things that I think I might need
before I walk out the door.....usually they are unnecessary....not a matter of life or death.
Is that part of a multitasking habit?

Preparation needs to be free of panic, frustration and drama.

“Some people are making such thorough preparation 
for rainy days that they aren’t enjoying today’s sunshine.”
~ William Feather

No comments: