Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Opening November - VITALITY - Theme for November 2014

Vitality - my theme for this month should prove challenging. Too often associated with youth, at least in my mind, I looked for a definition ~ not in a hard cover dictionary but ~ online. I found a definition I quite liked:  Vitality: the power giving continuance of life, present in all living things. Well that changed my mind a bit. So rather than write a long essay on something I don’t presently feel after my work day, I will close with just this thought. When I feel the quality of vitality, I feel strong and I feel good. Solid in my beliefs. Given the definition that Google provided me, vitality does not equate with youth as I am one of those ‘living things’ that has sometimes varying amounts of power for the continuance of life, and always the willingness to ride the waves.

“Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over.”
~ F.Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: