Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Great Airport Race

I returned to Victoria today on a wing and a prayer ~
The wing compliments of Westjet - actually two wings.
The prayer was needed for getting to the gates on time! 
First a long trudge through Regina Airport’s snaking lines at security, divesting myself of boots, jacket, laptop, etc., etc. ~ putting myself all back together before walking quickly to the first gate with a mere five minutes to spare.

Once seated on the plane, it was time to pause and read and trust the plane, the pilot and the weather. 

We landed. Quickly gather everything up and get moving! The flight attendant assured me (sort of) that I would make it. It was a tight schedule for my plane change in Calgary airport  - 
No jogging or running for this person, but striding out in the manner of the walking group was a serious asset.  
Racing up to the gate - this time with no minutes to spare, my spirit flagging and barely any breath left I boarded an already full plane. 

The kindness of my seat-mates allowed me to squeeze relatively gracefully into my window seat for another reading and napping session. Then off again into the western skies.

Phew!  
Home and hungry, my short jaunt to Regina has become another precious card for my memory file.

“Running through airports with pounds of luggage ~ that’s a good workout.”
~ Rachel McAdams

No comments: