Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Backing Up to Build

I watched this huge semi back up and down a very narrow alley today. It was delivering an immense crane to the work site for condominiums being built. The poor driver was in danger of tearing down fences, trees, buildings in an established neighbourhood (things were knocked about a bit). His motivation was likely his job! And his paycheque! And his driver’s license!

It was truly an inspiration for tonight's blog. The view reflected back to me my feelings about the writing project I have been immersed in for so long. I really do feel as though I am backing up down a very narrow alley, with established beliefs and protocols on either side. Backing up to a new, partially built building through an old neighbourhood, with only my experience and a rear view mirror and my hands white knuckled on the wheel. My motivation: belief in ….well, my own belief.

“A moment’s insight is sometimes worth a life’s experience.”
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

No comments: