Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Translating Puppy Thoughts

Eva and Percy at Jericho Beach
My trip this weekend was to Vancouver to visit with my sons and love on my grand-dogs. I had not yet met my newest grand-dog, Percival - Percy for short. And right now he is short, but not for long! He is so sweet and lovable. Lots of great cuddles with him. What I know for sure about four month old puppies is that they are inspired to chase after anything that moves. Their motivation? Curiosity, playing and being puppies. If I were to be able to translate little Percy’s thoughts about this weekend it would go something like this:

“When the big dogs swim waaaay far away after a stick thrown way out in the water, it looks really  fun. But that swimming stuff is really different than racing around on the grass after the big dogs. Grandma had to wipe my face with a tissue once because I got all full of sand and slobber. She also took two videos - I’ve had to learn some really funny words to tell you this. One video was of Eva, my very best big sister, chasing a huuuge stick, swimming and splashing - and going too far away for me to follow - but I watched her all the way. Then another was me practicing to be like the big dogs - but very carefully. (And Eva took the stick from me sometimes.)”

(So sorry - I was unable to post my videos - I don't know what I could have done differently.)

“The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.”
~ Ambrose Bierce

No comments: