Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Natural Expecations - Earth Day 2015

I flipped the switch for my lights - and expected light to flood the room
I opened my fridge - and expected food to be cold.
I plugged in my computer -and expected the screen to light up…...

I twisted the dial on my washer and dryer - my clothes came out clean and dry
I plugged the iron in to heat and pressed my clothes flat
I turned on my toothbrush and scrubbed my teeth clean……...

Universal water, wind and sunlight with man’s ingenuity, 
provide our many conveniences.
Logic says that we need conserve and protect 
 ~ our sources of energy, 
 ~ our use of energy.

“Humankind has not woven the web of life. 
We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together….all things connect.”
~ Chief Seattle

No comments: