Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Springing Forward

A good long walk and steady talk with friends on this foggy Monday morning
With a stop and lots more talk at the coffee shop to solve the worldly problems.
Then, the fog burned off, striding back to the car and home.

Quick lunch on the go back in the car to the pool
A 'dip' in the pool with women (and one man) of all ages
Cardio exercise for an hour in glittering, splashing water

Through all the day and all the city
bushes, shrubs and trees open with each ray of sun
daring to flaunt bright blossoming petals

My friends and I have blossomed throughout many springs 
expecting crumbling decay in our sixty’s, seventy’s and eighty’s
but our talks revealed ~ we’re still more like the flowers of springtime.

“Do not deprive me of my age. I have earned it.”
~ May Sarton, The Poet and the Donkey: A Novel

No comments: