Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Updating IslandInMotion Competition

Time for an update. I am a member of a fitness team at work. Our team has a rather odd name - goatstastegoodontoast. Just so you know, I was not involved in the choice of name! (apparently there’s a story behind the name).

I have kept up daily, some days better than others. Yesterday, including walking around Thetis Lake with my sons, I did just over two hours. Today, I did better: 159 minutes! I have just checked the team rankings and we are not really in the lead. We are kind of not really in the first 50 teams - of the total 150 teams. But I can say that we are no longer on the second page of the teams listed, but about 10 from the bottom of the first page (we were on the second page a couple of days before). But we are a humble team. We will continue to put our backs, feet and legs into building up our minutes.

I guess that we are still in the running, and swimming, and cycling, and pumping iron, and whatever other motion that we choose to participate in. It has been, and continues to be, fun and very challenging. I’ll keep on each day to keep myself in motion, paying special attention to my stop watch and counting the next step. (Don’t spread it around but the Pembroke Pulverizers are doing really well ~ they were our friends.)

“Nobody’s going to win all the time. On the highway 
of life you can’t always be in the fast lane.”
~ Haruki Murakami, 
What I Talk About While I’m Running




No comments: