Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

A Jumbled Non-Essay

I feel like writing an essay tonight,
words tumbling over themselves ~ but not lining up with any coherency.

My essay is something about stigma ~
Unforgiving stigma that pushes people aside
when their behaviour is erratic and frightening,
their intoxication is over the top.

I suppose I understand that ~
wanting to be protected from someone else’s unpredictable behaviour
I don’t like to be injured, whether by word or deed ~ actually I shrink from it.

‘Good’ behaviour apparently always warrants care and attention
‘Bad’  behaviour also warrants care and attention
but only warrants arms-length care and attention 
even after the ‘bad behaviour’ is gone ~
after intoxication is no longer in your face.

There is no humility in these thoughts of ours.
Merely an arrogance that dictates our own behaviour
So that certain individuals become lost in rules and regulations
Sitting still in a chair, on a sidewalk or couchsurfing into oblivion.

No, I guess I’ll not write an essay tonight.
Thoughts too jumbled and frustrated……….

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. 
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
~ Marie Curie





No comments: