Pages

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Winging It! ~ 2




Aware of all things around…….’  The second letter and line of June 1st’s anagram FAITH. I’ve had many more walks in the last several weeks. Some on windy cloudy days. Some with tiny mists of Island rains. Some in warm sunshine. All of them in the morning, afternoon or evening. I have watched the city rush by from buses taking me to or from home. Trips to work, to meet with friends or to get groceries. I’ve been fascinated by trees of many varieties, complemented by low growing shrubs, the jigsaw puzzle of stone walls edged with moss and spots of flowers, all lining the asphalt city streets. Most fascinating to me are the urban wildlife - brazen squirrels, crows, and the occasional deer. Raccoons, with their distinctive waddle and shiny coats, are most common in the evening and tend to avoid busy city streets. Walking from the bus stop last evening, I spotted another citizen of city wildlife feeding on the flowers. On one of these photos you may have difficulty picking it out. It took me about an hour to find it when searching my photos. I had taken five photos, and in only two, could I easily find the little hummingbird. Little wings beating with precision, it was much more intent on feeding than on posing for a quick photo shoot! A great way to come home from work! 

“may my faith always be at the end of the day like 
a hummingbird…returning to its favorite flower.”
 - Sanober Khan, Turquoise Silence


No comments: