Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

In the Shade

Gathering together my posts  
about my relationship with epilepsy
challenges me to review my past
to review what I have put out into the ether.
There is energy behind my words

Even those words that stumble and mumble
Those words and phrases can be fixed
can be crafted to enhance the flow
can be shifted to sharpen the meaning.
can be erased when unnecessary or blocking the way

Epilepsy cannot be removed
merely set in the shade
life crafted to enhance it’s flow
each day crafted to sharpen awareness
but never erased.

And yet ~ epilepsy has been kind to me
controlled carefully 
managed daily
a strange way to talk of this uninvited guest
who is not as unruly as many others.

“Never underestimate the spirit of a person living with epilepsy.”
~ Tiffany Kairos, (on Pinterest)

No comments: