Pages

Friday, June 1, 2018

Doubling Up



My mind has been occupied with issues other than writing this month. Consequently, I left this assignment until late this morning. I did bump up against a difficulty as I sketched it out, but was able to work suitable word-crafting.





Doubling Up

I’ve accomplished two things today. Actually more than two things, but for the purposes of this Writer’s group assignment, it is only two things. The topic for today: your Zodiac sign. My sign on the astrological Zodiac chart is Sagittarius. Once more I turned to Professor Google and was rewarded with an interesting surprise. Simone de Beauvoir was the featured Sagittarian at hellogiggles.com. A quotation from that site is……“de Beauvoir was adventurous and a philosopher - key Sag traits - who was obsessed with the human struggle to be free which is also something the independent-minded Sag is obsessed with.” This was in reference to her book from 1949 The Second Sex, which is on my reading list. The discovery of a fellow Sagittarian and a possible book suggestion for next years book group were the two things accomplished. My only disappointment is that Simone de Beauvoir’s birthday is actually January 9, 1908 - making her Zodiac sign Capricorn - not Sagittarius! I do hope Capricorn has similar character traits. 

“Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”
~ Mark Twain

No comments: