Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Alterations and Vaccinations

Altering the shape of my day began when I stepped out my door at 7:30 am. Air, barely cool, the sun was already melting the morning. Around the lake, from shade to shade, geese and growing goslings fed and squabbled over food and territory. I walked, talked and laughed with a good friend, discussing fanciful things and wandered through more serious issues. 


With iced coffee in hand, we continued to a long snaking lineup of cars, trucks and SUV’s - a drive-through vaccination site. Air-conditioning and our iced drinks kept us as cool as possible. Second jabs for both of us, it was home for each of us. 


Returning to normal comes at a price. We have all experienced alterations in our lives: distancing, isolation, and masks. Restrictions on travel, on gatherings, jobs lost, school interruptions and so much more. As we confront this virus with restrictions and with vaccines, those of us fortunate to have escaped the virus, can slowly begin to rethread our lives.


“I miss that. I want….I need things to go back to normal.”

~ Melissa Hill, Keep You Safe


 

No comments: