Pages

Monday, November 1, 2021

For the Magic

In this life, we are all given permission. Permission to go outside and play when we’re kids. Permission to wear what we want despite direction otherwise. Children and adolescents are especially good at this. Permission to decide what job or career we want to apply for when we grow up. When we’re retired, what permission do we need from anyone? Or even want? So for this month, my theme is ‘Permission’. Permission to be ‘alive in the world’ and to enjoy the magic of it all.


Precarious, unsteady ground…

Exposed to the bright light……

Risky, rocky terrain……

Magical, yet menacing….

I can’t……..

Serving a new purpose……

Simply in front of me…….

I Can!

Over the mountain……..

New but gently worn………..


“….the reason is that when we look at nature, 

we receive a sort of permission to be alive in the world…”

~ Naoki Higashida, The Reason I Jump:

The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism


 

No comments: