Pages

Friday, March 18, 2022

Outburst

I got angry today. Those that know me would be shocked at my behaviour. I said the ‘f’ word….and I slammed my scissors down on the table scaring my cat. Anyone familiar with brown wrapping paper and packing tape and scissors? Each one on their own is completely manageable - almost. Wrapping paper continues to curl. Packing tape sticks to everything. My hand, under the table and itself. The dullest part of the scissors only comes in contact with the tape but doesn’t even nick it.


No…deep breathing did not help. 


In retrospect, it could be that today’s outburst was only the result of intense frustration. The energy behind the clattering of scissors, tearing of paper and ripping of tape was only enough to allow me to finish my task. A short task. 


“Control yourself, it is not worth it. You will regret your 

rudeness afterwards, your sensitive nature will be troubled.”

~ Leila Abouleia, Minaret


 

No comments: