Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Art and How to Play

I spent an hour with my Art and How to Play teacher this morning. As soon as her coat was off, she checked the toy cupboard and found ‘Bubbles!’ Immediately it was time for bubbles. After wet soapy liquid splashed floor, table and fridge, we moved that game outside to the back porch. Jumping and running around the porch, blowing bubbles, then popping them, laughing and excited. This would be repeated two or maybe three or four times


Art Class was a bit more ordered. More of a demand than a request she said ‘Colour with me.’ Sitting on the floor with her, I was what colour I wanted. If it was not to her liking - and that happened two of three times - I was told ‘No’ and was handed the correct colour. Although I thought I drew a pretty decent flower and house, the art teacher had a more abstract approach. One I’d never thought of before. Arch your wrist back, hold firmly to your marker and hit the tip on the board to create splashes and stripes in blue. With red, it is circles and doodles.The very faint face outlined in the lower right corner, I called a sideways face. With a grin she corrected me - ‘an angry face’. 


Finally concerned with washing off the ‘paper’ (my dry erase board), I gave her a wet rag. She did a swipe and went to get her train…..or was it the plastic fridge magnets?


Then it was time for bananas, orange juice and a cookie!

A good day all around.


A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men.”

~ Roald Dahl




 

No comments: