Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2022

I Am An Authority


Taking a trip down memory lane this evening, I came upon this grand gentleman at the Beacon Hill Children’s Farm in Victoria. Oh, I saw beautiful gardens, trees covered in clouds of spring blooms and flowers in decorating yards throughout many walks. On the farm, there were charming goats, haughty lamas and proud peacocks. When I came upon him, his wattle bright red, his stunning black and white feathers fluffed out as proudly, it made me smile. I’m certain he has a calming effect on anyone, including the hens, that challenges his authority!


“To punish me for my contempt for authority, 

fate made me an authority myself.”

~ Albert Einstein


2 comments:

Julie said...

I remember him well and all the lovely chickens. We had some lovely times at the farm.

Susan Ward said...

Hi Julie! I thought of our times on the Board when I wrote this. Hope you are well and happy. Susan