Pages

Friday, April 8, 2022

Uncertain Freedom - A Rant

I have tried to keep discussion about the Covid 19 pandemic and all its variants on this blog to a minimum. The effects on my person have only been the restrictions.


To my knowledge, I’ve not even been in contact with anyone positive for any of the variants in the last two years. Yes, I do know of people that have been positive. So what’s the big deal today?


Well, I’ve been out for lunch two days in a row. Problem? 


All restrictions were lifted in this province February 28, 2022. In the last month, I’ve been slowly increasing my outside activities. A widely varying number of people wear masks - or don’t. However, I continue re-familiarizing myself with outside contacts. At the same time, I seem to have a low level of anxiety that I may not even notice until returning home. However, often I am exhausted, for no reason other than I’ve been enjoying a social time with friends! Calm returns after I’ve had time to experience home and quiet ~ sometimes I even get a good nap in!


I am definitely not the only person who struggles with this new found and very uncertain freedom. The uncertainty? The new sub variant of Omicron, BA.2, is circulating happily throughout Canada - including here in Saskatchewan. Sadly, reporting of the current Covid status in this province seems limited to scattered items in news sources and interviews. 


“Don’t pray for better days, pray for a better 

attitude to withstand uncertain days.”

 ~ Mac Duke, The Strategist


 

No comments: